Head of Sourcing & Supply
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality. We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it. When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
Our development programs combine our engineering and supply chain experts into an accountable high performing team, working with the best partners in the world.
As a Head of Sourcing & Supply you have a critical role in driving Varjo’s business results by securing the supply for existing and new products. You collaborate closely with our development teams, manufacturing, finance and legal while negotiating the best agreements with the suppliers. You are leading a global team of experienced material management specialists towards optimal product availability, quality and cost. In this role you are part of the Varjo Supply Chain Leadership Team and report to the Head of Supply Chain.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support.
What you'll be doing
- You are an experienced leader and purchasing professional.
- You set strategies related to vendor assessments and purchasing T&C to help ensure products & services ordered are delivered on time at the best quality and value.
- You set policies and methodologies for sourcing new products or services, approving vendors, and managing risks for securing a stable and consistent material supply.
- You look opportunities to partner with colleagues to set purchasing standards to improve complex negotiations and reduce the total cost of ownership for products and services.
- You recruit, evaluate and motivate team of purchasing professionals. You take responsibility for individual and team employee development, set department objectives and monitor the status to achieving those objectives at departmental and staff levels.
- You oversee critical supplier relationship management and contract management processes to ensure terms are met and termination dates are monitored.
- You analyze current vendor services and cost structures to develop short- and long-range plans to improve sourcing costs and vendor performance.
- You are a key decision maker if supplier performance concerns are escalated for top management direction.
- You have Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- You are an experienced purchasing professional with 10+ years’ experience and track record in sourcing leadership within dynamic business environments
- You have wide network in global electronic component and manufacturing suppliers
- You are familiar with procedural best practices in supplier management, including creating and managing supplier contracts
- You have proven experience in data mining, analysis and logical decision making
- You have solid experience in managing supplier performance, including supplier auditing
- You have proficient understand of all levels of the supply chain processes including BOM management
- You have a hands-on attitude for problem solving and troubleshooting
- You have excellent collaboration skills
- You have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have fluent English and readiness for travelling
By joining us, you’ll get:
- Opportunity to take part in creating the new state-of-the-art in virtual and mixed reality experiences.
- A low-hierarchy culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work.
- Flexible working conditions, competitive salary, and great benefits
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively.
- An international working environment with tons of opportunities to learn and grow with the company
Get in touch
Are you the person we are looking for? Want to join our journey of redefining computing? Apply for the role.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.