Senior DevOps & Build Engineer
At Varjo we create services, software and hardware to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality. You can learn more about our vision and what we are doing right now at https://varjo.com/blog/varjo-reality-cloud/
We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it. When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
We are looking for a seasoned build engineer (senior or principal level) who will maintain and enhance critical pieces of our build system. You will help us in building, improving and maintaining our build pipelines on Windows and Linux. You will be working closely with various engineering teams ranging from back-end development to desktop client and embedded development teams. As a person you are passionate about build pipelines that are fast and robust, help your peer engineers be productive, help QA engineers to work on their tasks fluently and serve our customers with high quality releases.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. We also support remote working from other cities in Finland. If you are coming from abroad, we will gladly support relocating to the capital of the world's happiest country.
- Design and code build pipelines on Windows and Linux
- Ensure the speed and robustness of these build pipelines
- Maintain and improve our cross-platform build system, act as a gatekeeper on changes
- Work with your continuous integration and developer colleagues to define what, how and when we improve (in) the build system
- Maintain various backend pieces of the build system
- Senior level experience with developing build pipelines on Windows and Linux
- Advanced CMake, MSVC and GCC toolchain knowledge
- Experience with Conan packaging system, Linux docker and System Admin knowledge of Linux
- We are fluent in Python, Groovy/Jenkins pipelines and git, we expect the same from you
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Team player, able to perform in a fast-paced environment and able to share knowledge with peers
Bonus skills or experience
- Knowledge of C/C++ unit testing frameworks and tooling landscape
- Knowledge of C/C++ code analyzers and tooling landscape
- Docker on Windows (WSL + docker on windows for MSVC toolchain)
- Containers in AWS
- Test automation experience (Robot framework preferred)
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply. Even if your profile is not a perfect match but you want to learn and grow, we would love to hear from you.