Varjo Community Contest: Custom iRacing Livery Design
Simucube, Next Level Racing, and Varjo are partnering up to drive high-end VR sim racing into a new gear. To celebrate this game-changing collection of partnerships, we’re inviting you to put your virtual design skills to the test and be the mastermind behind the official Varjo racing machine (and win some fancy swag in the process.)
To win, follow the instructions below to create an eye-popping custom livery for iRacing, get selected by a jury, and stand proud on the podium of pride as your design is used in Varjo community competitions and content, as well as being made available for all iRacing users to burn simulated rubber with.
Let’s start: Contest Overview
Dates: Thursday 29th of September 18:00 CET to 20th of October 10:00 pm CET
Who can join: Anyone with an active license for Adobe Photoshop or similar software, and a general understanding of how to create liveries.
What you can win: Special prizes from Varjo, Simucube, and Next Level Racing (scroll below for details!)
Which wheels are we talking about? At the Varjo HQ, we’re big fans of tearing up the track with the Lamborghini Hurrcan GT3 EVO and have selected this as the main model for the official ride, (sorry Porsche fans.) If you want to go the full course, don’t hesitate to submit a suit and helmet design as well.
How do I get rolling?
You are free to create any design you would like, but featuring Varjo, Simucube, and Next Level Racing’s logos prominently is a good way to put you in pole position for the win. You can choose any colour you want on the car, but you’ll probably get bonus points from the jury if you feature the brand colours of brands involved.
- Black: HEX #312F2C, RGB 49, 47, 44
- Grey: HEX #D1D3D1, RGB 209, 211, 209
- Light Grey: HEX #F6F7F6, RGB 246,247, 246
- White: HEX #FFFFFF, RGB 255, 255, 255
- Gradient C1: HEX #3DA3B2, RGB 61,163, 178
- Gradient C2: HEX #ABEECE, RGB 171, 238, 206
- Gradient C3: HEX #E8C0A0, RGB 232,192, 160
- Mystic Serenity: HEX #02232b, RGB 2, 35, 43
- Rival: HEX #e84e0f, RGB 232, 78, 15
N.B. For your design to be eligible, please do not modify the actual logos (nor the Lamborghini logo found in the Photoshop template), and do not place any additional text in the livery design. Finally, keep it classy; any petrol-powered phallic designs will not make it out of the starting grid…
In order to be able to make a custom livery design, you will need an active license of Photoshop, as well as general know-how of how to get around the software.
- To download the Photoshop templates required to make your design, head to this URL, download the zip file, and unzip the folder ‘133_template_LGT3’ which includes the ‘Lamborghini EVO GT3.psd’ template.
- You can follow the official written guide on how to create custom liveries here. If you learn better with videos, here is a great guide on how to work with the iRacing photoshop templates by YouTuber Boosted Media.
- Please then submit your finished designs to firstname.lastname@example.org before the contest end date.
Rules of the road
How to enter: You can enter the contest by sending your submission to email@example.com
Name the email as LIVERY CONTEST [Your Name]
LIVERY CONTEST John Johnsson
The prize: The winner will be given some awesome swag given by ourselves and our partners Simucube, Next Level Racing, and iRacing. We will also pick 3 random submissions to receive an iRacing gift card.
Timeline: The submission deadline is the 20th of October at 10:00 pm CET. The winner will be announced on the 24th of October 2022 at 4:00 pm CET on our Discord channel and our sim racing landing page. For those who are not already a member of our Discord community, you can join here.
Judging criteria: The contributions will be reviewed by Varjo’s Chief Brand Officer and Head of Sim Racing.
The contest is hosted by Varjo. The contest is not sponsored, endorsed, administrated by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media platform.
You must follow the official iRacing.com Custom Paint Policy: iRacing Support, but with the consent to use the Varjo, Simucube, and Next Level Racing’s logos (without modification) in the context of the contest, and this contest alone.
Good luck, racers!
Privacy and data collection during the contest
What data is collected, stored and processed?
Varjo receives, collects, stores and otherwise processes the following data:
- Name and contact information, such as email address
- Other personal data necessary for arranging the contest.
Personal data processed by Varjo is mainly collected directly from the Data Subject through the competition entry. In addition, the personal data may also be collected automatically when the Data Subject uses our products and services e.g. when using our online services (including social media) and visiting our websites. Contest data is provided voluntarily. We do not collect or process sensitive personal data (personal data of special categories).
Why does Varjo process personal data? We process personal data of Data Subjects to arrange the contest, to collect the entries, to contact the winner and to deliver the prize. In this context, personal data may be processed for the following purposes:
- contacting the Data Subject and to provide information on the contest
- delivery of the prize
- providing of our services
- management and administration of our brand ambassador relationships
- complying and fulfilling our legal duties and obligations such as tax law, accounting and product liability related obligations
- ensuring security of our products and services and preventing abuses
- ensuring security of our IT environments and protection of data
- presenting legal claims and/or responding to and defending against legal claims